• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Bridge Illustration Dead? What then? The Big Story.

A popular method to explain the central message of Christianity has been the Bridge Illustration. If you've never seen it, check it out here: The Bridge to Life (Navigators). David Fitch is wondering: The Bridge Illustration: An Idea Whose Time Has Come and Gone?

So how about a new idea called: The Big Story created by James Choung. Check out these sites with some fun little video explanations: The Big Story or The Big Story, Part 2. Would love to hear your comments on the Big Story.




Comments on "Bridge Illustration Dead? What then? The Big Story."

 

Blogger R. York Moore said ... (11:31 AM, February 25, 2008) : 

James and I are good friends. I've spoken with him concerning his approach to displaying the gospel and he on mine. While the traditional bridge model has definite limitations, I have re-worked it and feel great about using it with postmoderns today. The biggest inclusion must be an emphasis on community and corporate sin, not just personal sin. With these modifications, I believe the bridge can continue to be "A" maodel used to pictorally present the gospel. There are many others, including James', but I prefer the bridge and use it about 90% of the time when presenting the gospel. I will do so from the platform at an event in Kentucky tomorrow night, a fraternity house tonight, and a training event tonight also. Great post. This stuff is a big issue right now in the struggle for new models, paradigms, and philosophy of evangelism. Read more at
www.tellthestory.net

York

 

Blogger theultrarev said ... (10:27 PM, February 25, 2008) : 

Thanks York. I appreciate your comments very much.

Do you have a clip of your presentation that I could post here?

 

post a comment