• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Who Are The Hardest Working Clergy?

Archdiocese of Boston raises priests’ retirement age from 70 to 75 - The Boston Globe

Nobody works as hard as a Roman Catholic priest -- especially the ones here in the Diocese of Syracuse. I'll bet a lot of priests do a dozen or more masses per week + hospital visitation + parish administration. Imagine doing 2-3 funerals and weddings + 6 weekend masses + daily mass and coming up with a homily/sermon for each service.

Not sure what the retirement age is here but I heard from someone at St. Joe's Hospital that the nuns have to work into their 70's -- HAVE TO! But then again I heard reports today of Social Security tanking in 2013 today so it's possible we're all working into our 70's -- though I'm having a little trouble working in my 40's.

Comments on "Who Are The Hardest Working Clergy?"

 

post a comment