• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pick a New Browser

Should you stop using Internet Explorer? -- Telegraph.co.uk


Uh, YES! Right now preferably.

I have another blog that exists just as a toy.  I use it to sample blog skins or themes or other things to learn about XHTML or CSS:  Best Mac Browsers.  It hasn't been updated in over a year and doesn't have Chrome listed on it but even a year ago there were a slew of other great browser choices out there.  And even years ago, there were government intelligence departments claiming to move away from Explorer because of high security risks.  But IE continues being used by many despite numerous warnings through the years.

If you're using IE right now, just do yourself a favor and stop it.  It'll probably take you less than 15 minutes to switch and you'll be that much safer and probably even happier.  Maybe I'll update Best Mac Browsers later today and add Chrome but seriously pick one of these great browsers:  Firefox, Safari, Opera or Chrome. OR, if you want something smoking fast choose Camino.

I think they will all import your Favorites/Bookmarks from IE and are safer.  Download them all and try them out.  There are advantages to each.  Opera can handle your torrent requests AND you can use it as a server to serve up files for friends.  Firefox lets me synch bookmarks across computers though I also use Delicious.  They all do tabbed browsing which is important to me.  I usually have 3-4 windows open with multiple tabs in each.  Personally I use Firefox day-to-day but occasionally Camino.

Comments on "Pick a New Browser"

 

post a comment