• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, August 07, 2010

Unhealthy Pastors and Seismic Shifts

Pastors are Fatter, Sicker, & more Depressed | Out of Ur | Conversations for Ministry Leaders

I'm telling ya people ... we're living on the cusp of seismic change happening in the church and this kind of unhealthiness amongst the clergy is a sign of it.  Seismic shifts are coming. Ones like Phyllis Tickle mentions that happen only every 500 years.

Maybe I'm reading a lot of the wrong things but I see a growing disillusionment with evangelicalism, a young adult exodus from church, unhealthy clergy and a lack of spiritual growth and depth.  We can't keep doing what we're doing.

On the one hand I love church planting. On the other I think new models of doing church are needed — ones that don't exist yet. And sometimes I'm afraid of planting new churches that are perpetuating something that isn't going to last. Yet we need more churches more than ever. We can't keep doing what we're doing.  Lord have mercy.

Just saw this after I posted:  A forum of articles about the future of Evangelicalism with a post from Ed Stetzer

Comments on "Unhealthy Pastors and Seismic Shifts"

 

post a comment