• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Retirement

My boss, The Very Rev. Donald Turner has announced his retirement in a letter to the Vestry dated Monday, July 26. He will officially finish his ministry at Trinity Episcopal Church on November 1.

I have really enjoyed working with Fr. Don. I am a better person and will be a better leader because of his influence. Don is also one of the finest liturgists I have ever seen. When he leads mass it is not done by rote but comes from his calling as a priest and Chrsitian. I have learned so much from him.

I will miss him a lot. But there is part of me excited just because I love change. I like it when things are kind of up in the air and we're waiting to see how they will play out. Certainly in this situation there is great opportunity for things to play out badly for me. But it will be fun just to see what happens.

Come thou Fount of every blessing
tune my heart to sing thy grace.
Streams of mercy never ceasing
Call for songs of loudest praise
And teach me some melodious sonnet
sung by flaming tongues above.
Here's the mount I'm fixed up on it
Mount of thy redeeming love. Amen.

Comments on "Retirement"

 

Blogger Luke said ... (4:10 PM, August 04, 2004) : 

Tangent # 1,645,091:

Keep us posted on the retirement, and the changes that brings, by all means!!!

And you happend to hit on a hymn that is dear to me. But it is one that can, occasionally, PLOD from verse to verse.

So... one Quo Vadis, we wrote a chorus to it, brought the music up tempo a bit, and ripped it.

The chorus was:

Guide my feet down righteous pathways
Show me all my hands can do
Mark Your way so I won’t stray and
Guide this seeking heart to You.

OK, so the hymn wasn't the point. I'm a tangental kind of guy...

Bro' Luke

 

post a comment