• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

I need my space ...

I was a hostess at Friendly's last night. They have a nice fundraiser program for non-profits, where some people come in and serve as host/esses and their organization gets 10% food purchased and .50¢ on a half gallon of ice cream. So I went with another youth leader and 3 of our kids.

I came home and wanted to crawl under the couch. I just need some quiet.

In times past when I took the Myers/Briggs Typology Indicator, I was always an ENTJ, while if I took the short version of the test, the Keirsy/Bates, I was always an INTJ. E's get their energy from people, while I's gain it from solitude (that's an over generalization).

Whenever I scored an I, I always thought I was just an E having a bad day. Not anymore. Nights like last night just tire me right out. Not from the physical work but from the constant people interaction.

I had always heard that people's MBTI scores change and develop over time. For example, I also score at F instead of T now ... Feeling instead of Thinking. I could see that coming.

As a youngster I loved art and my memories indicate that I was an F type kid, but that went away for a long time. Now its back with a vengeance. I have always been an E for as long as I can remember, but now I feel like an I. I sometimes wonder if these are just natural changes or are they the result of some damage or perceived damage in our live's ... or both.

Human behavior is certainly complex. I sure hope God understands this messy life I live and knows the way.

Comments on "I need my space ..."

 

Blogger Brad Boydston said ... (12:02 AM, September 23, 2004) : 

Sometimes I'm ENFJ and sometimes the indicator says I'm INFJ. But I'm pretty much in the center before the E and I. I'm barely introverted and barely extroverted. But I'm with you. I definitely need space to recharge my batteries.

 

post a comment