• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Cavallario's Cucina

OK. I know I've blogged my favorite restaurant previously ... like twice. But it's my blog so here I go again.

Pete & Brenda Cavallario are some of the finest Christian people I know. I like them mostly because they are Pentecostals with a nice selection of wines in their restaurant. A great combination of the Spirit and spirits.

Hey, now there's the name of my new bar: The Spirit's Spirits.

Back to Pete & Brenda. When I think of P&B I literally get tears in my eyes and my heart is overwhelmed with love, gratitude, friendship, respect, honor and the deepest appreciation for people I consider heroes. For the past 3 days of the Encounter they have not only fed us but truly blessed us.

When I was in VA taking care of Toby Mac and the other bands and seeing how they were welcomed (or not) I drove home thinking "We'll do much better in Watertown." And Brenda's name came to mind. I knew she was the person for the job. I came home to a meeting, which Pete was at and he announced Brenda wanted that job. God was recruiting for me.

Now in Watertown: picture your basic aluminum, drab, cement floor, barn style ice arena. Enter Brenda in the picture. She gets piping and drapes, white table clothes, vases of flowers, fruits, cheeses, snacks and she creates cafes inside the arena for hospitality areas for the Encounter Team and the special guests. Incredible. Tonight we had garlic mashpotatoes, roast beef, cheese cake, and sauteed vegetables.

Every night after the event is over, the Encounter team goes out for a late dinner, fellowship and to debrief about the evening. For the past 2 nights P&B have opened their restaurant after hours, fully staffed and fed us all incredible Italian cuisine all at their expense. And threw a birthday party last night for my boss. Oh yeah, they fed us lunch both days also.

This is on top of Pete's work as Finance Chair of the Encounter, where he worked tirelessly recruiting people, soliciting donations, attending meetings, making bank deposits and served as a leader exemplar. And they hosted several other dinners and lunches over the past months -- where they wouldn't let us pay! -- all for the purpose of the Encounter, ultimately as an act of worship, blessing and to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I'm a better human being and Christian for having them in my life. They have demonstrated faithfulness, sacrificial giving, grace, joy and hospitality in such a fashion that I want to be like them in serving Christ.

Pete & Brenda, I love you. Thanks for your friendship, love and discipling me without saying nary a word. Most of all, thanks for feeding me! I love the Rigattoni Pomodoro, the sweet sausage soup and especially the scallops.

Comments on "Cavallario's Cucina"

 

post a comment