• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Theology of Alcohol

I have posted an mp3 from the Mars Hills Church in Seattle about a theology of alcohol. It's funny and very good. I always do this when I put up my wine recommendations and then realize I'm sending several of my friends into wild hysteria and despair about my soul.

I have completely lost my taste for beer except for Guinness. Could really care less if I had another beer. I think it's my Nazarene pastor's fault. He's probably been praying for me and ruining the joy of a cold one. I'm going to have to teach him how to cuss.

Guinness is more of a nectar from heaven anyway and not really beer and that's why his prayers have no impact on that. I think God served Guinness with manna when the Israelites were in the wilderness. Guinness should have it's own space in the food pyramid. It's BRILLIANT!

Comments on "Theology of Alcohol"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:39 PM, November 27, 2005) : 

Mmm.. Guinness..

That sermon is great, and anyone that goes into wild hysteria and despair over alcohol should listen to it. ;) I pulled it up on the Mars Hill site over the summer after reading Mark Driscoll's book Radical Reformation, where he touched on alcohol in one of the chapters. (Excellent book by the way.)

By the way, I'm the "Anonymous" guy from your last post. I didn't realize Blogger let you post comments without being registered; sorry about that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:24 PM, November 28, 2005) : 

I would be interested in your thoughts on alcohol being available at "official" church functions. Though a semi-emerging church (ECC)we have a ton of people in various chemical recoveries. Alcohol's presence says don't come to this to many of them. I called Mars Hill when our leaders were trying to come up with some policy that said, "alcohol is not prohibited, but we have brothers and sisters stumbling all over the place." be interested to know what your church has done here. BTW, will you be at Midwinter, would love to connect. p.stark@genesis-church.com

 

post a comment