• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The News-Herald: Obituaries: Maria E. Kooy, Chardon, OH

I had the incredible privilege of being the pastor to Maria E. Kooy for over six years. Maria was adopted from Guatemala as a special needs child with spinabifida amongst other challenges. Despite the numerous challenges Maria was incredibly full of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, etc. She had gorgeous coal black hair, beautifully tan skin with a smile that could light up a stadium.

From her wheel chair she hugged everybody and often. When we were at the Cleveland Clinic for her frequent procedures, she was like a celebrity. Everyone knew and loved her there.

Maria's parents, Gary & Sandy, are some of the most godly people I know. Gary served on the Deacon Board and would go and pray in my office when I was preaching If anyone was touched by God when I preached it was because of Gary. Sandy served in the nursery and loved on all my children. I have missed them dearly over the past few years.

It was completely a privilege to serve the Kooy family, especially Maria. Peace to her memory.

Comments on "The News-Herald: Obituaries: Maria E. Kooy, Chardon, OH"

 

post a comment