• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Adventures in Church Visiting

I've been in a variety of churches over the past month ...

New Song Church in Grand Rapids, MN
New Song is an Alliance church plant that is a couple years old. They meet in an airport lobby (it's a small unused terminal) on Sunday evenings. It was kind of fun to watch planes land and take off during the service.

Word of Life in Baldwinsville, NY
Last weekend my wife and daughter went to a wedding shower on Sunday morning, so the boys (my posse) and I attended the Word of Life's Family Island Festival at Paper Mill Island. They had an outdoor worship service and then a free hot dog lunch, blow-up games for kids, special music, and bike giveaways. It was a lot of fun -- they had cotton candy which generally equates with happiness for children.

Liverpool Community Church in Liverpool, NY
This week we decided to visit Liverpool Community Church which is pastored the Steve Macaluso, who was my Resident Dorm Director and Admissions Director my first year at my beloved Roberts Wesleyan College. LCC bought the old AV Zogg School in the Village of Liverpool. There was no one there today -- church campout so we were part of a couple dozen people. But we got reacquainted with some old friends and enjoyed a good sermon. Very impressive what they have done with the facility. LCC is a Free Methodist Church.

Comments on "Adventures in Church Visiting"

 

post a comment