• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Friday, February 22, 2008

Vineyard Church in Syracuse a Great Place!

Last Sunday my family and I took a trip "across the lake" to visit the Vineyard Church. It took a whole eight minutes to get there and is directly across Onondaga Lake from us.

It was a nice welcoming church. They read Scripture in the service and served communion, which endeared them to me right away. After the service we received a gift bag with a music and message CD, New Testament, candy and literature. Nicky, my 3 y/o also received a gift bag with a music CD. Even more importantly he came out of his class and told me about his memory verse.

The Children's Pastor sent a postcard to my kids thanking them for coming. I thought that was nice. Then today, Alyx and I received a card from Pastor John Elmer thanking us for visiting. Inside it had a postcard with a stamp on it for us to give them some feedback and they gave us a $5 gift card for Hess Gas — "You're next drive in is on us." I was really blown away.

Interesting worship service times: 9:30 am and 11:30 am. We visited the 11:30 am service.

Comments on "Vineyard Church in Syracuse a Great Place!"

 

Blogger Luke said ... (4:03 PM, March 05, 2008) : 

UltraRev:

Why do you consider those particular times to be "interesting?"

 

Blogger theultrarev said ... (4:15 PM, March 05, 2008) : 

Well, I guess, 11:30 was the interesting one for me. It seems like kind of a late start time ... goes through lunch ... and I've never seen it done before.

However, it doesn't seem to keep people away. Probably had 200 people there the day I visited.

 

post a comment