• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Palm Sunday & Good Friday Resource

I was born on Palm Sunday 1967 so it's always a special day for me, although today is not my birthday this year. Wednesday is. There were no palms in church today. No mention of Palm Sunday. [heavy sigh] I know. Not everyone celebrates the church year. It's adiaphora. No sin. My family was disappointed. In the back of my mind I sarcastically said, "I wonder if we celebrate Easter next week." I miss being a pastor in Holy Week and love the church year. It really helps me center my life around the life of Christ.

I loved being a pastor in Holy Week. Loved it at First Covenant in Willoughby Hills where we celebrated Maundy Thursday and Good Friday with Bethany Covenant in Lyndhurst and had a noon time ecumenical Good Friday service. And of course a big celebration on Easter. I remember one year we had a big funeral for Roger Munson on Holy Saturday too.

I loved Holy Week at Trinity Church in Watertown also with services every day of the week. One year we served champagne and chocolate after the Great Vigil on Holy Saturday. Also did baptisms on Holy Saturday like the early church. Another time we did a multimedia stations of the cross service. They humored me but I really loved it.

Here is a link to my post from last year for a couple of Good Friday services. They really aren't my services per se, as they are the traditional Stations of the Cross and 7 Last Words of Christ services. I just added the music and wrote prayers for each station.

Comments on "Palm Sunday & Good Friday Resource"

 

post a comment