• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

That Same Experience as I Had When I Read A New Kind of Christian

So You Don't Want to Go to Church Anymore

What if there were no pastors, no worship services, no church committees, no professional ministry persons, no buildings, very few organized meetings -- not even structured home churches -- and everyone just did their best to follow Jesus? Would we still have the church?

I'm a little slow. Apparently many people have read this already but I got to it today. It was a similar experience for me as to when I read A New Kind of Christian by Brian Mclaren. It's a paradigm challenging book.

Essentially it's challenging whether the machinery of the local church really does cause us to grow closer to Jesus and become more like him. And, I think even more importantly, it's a challenge for us to think about whether Jesus really does lead us and our church.

It is also challenging whether or not our current programmatic model is producing disciples or even Biblical.

That said. I'm going to have to think about this one for a while. Have you read it? What did you think?

Comments on "That Same Experience as I Had When I Read A New Kind of Christian"

 

post a comment