• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Blast from the past

My best friend in high school has come to visit me. Tomorrow we are going to the Baseball Hall of Fame. Here's a picture of us:


Me & Andy Wiltse, taken 8/10/05 at my parent's house.

We had dinner at my folks house last night and got to telling old stories of the trouble we were into. There's a somewhat infamous one where we held a huge drinking party on the railroad tracks behind the house. My mother came home and caught us two and some other friends absolutely drunk. We were 15. We can laugh now, but she almost killed us then.

My mother called me today and said, "Know what? I was YOUR age when that happened!" I'm 38. I can't imagine having a teenager, let alone a drunk one. My oldest is a nine year old girl. My poor mother has been through hell with us.

Things are looking up for me and Andy. I haven't been drunk or had more than 2 drinks in one setting since July 4, 1986 and Andy has been sober for about the last year through the help of AA. God is good.

Comments on "Blast from the past"

 

Blogger Rick said ... (11:56 AM, August 12, 2005) : 

Andy's looking pretty good. You, on the other hand...

; )

Just kidding...

 

post a comment