• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, August 07, 2005

My Cousin, Baseball & Boundaries

My cousin Eric is getting married to Maggie. I'm excited for them. They asked me to do the wedding, and being the family chaplain that I am, I will do it. But we had to negotiate terms first.

Of course, I require pre-marital preparation, church attendance and my biggest requirement is that they read the book Boundaries by Henry Cloud & John Townsend. They have to read and be able to summarize it in their own words. It's an absolute must: no book -- no wedding. I do that with every couple I work with. It is the absolute most important premarital prep book any couple can read.

Eric is a huge baseball fan and is a junky for baseball history. So his girlfriend decides they can get married in Cooperstown, NY, the home of the Baseball Hall of Fame at The Otesaga. I'm thinking that makes her a keeper.

By the way, have you ever been to Cooperstown? If not, drop what you're doing and go now. Just go. I promise you won't be sorry. I could be a walking commercial for Cooperstown. It is everything you imagine an historic, quaint, elegant, small upstate New York town to be. There's opera, historic sites, grand homes, exquisite inns, a gorgeous lake, fine dining, a great hospital & brewery, golfing, good schools, cultural/community events and a ton of community pride. Honest, the town wreaks beauty. If possible, drop everything now and move there. It's that good.

Comments on "My Cousin, Baseball & Boundaries"

 

post a comment