• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Friday, June 16, 2006

nakedreligion » Blog Archive » “A Road Less Traveled By”

Mark Driscoll has recently blogged about the perils of pastoral ministry. I highly recommend his article: Death By Ministry. I've experienced my fair share of death by ministry. Some of me was resurrected and some of me lies in ruins waiting for God to redeem me.

I am extremely thankful and hopeful because of the recent actions of Zion Covenant Church in Jamestown, NY. What could have resulted in just another church-pastor train wreck with a listing in the Covenant Companion that said "Bradley J. Bergfalk, from Zion Covenant Church, Jamestown, NY." seems to have been averted. Whenever I see those 'Pastoral Changes' listed in the Companion I always cringe at the ones that just say "... from ..." with listing a "... to ...". They always seem to indicate some moral failure or hostile church crisis and you know there is some significant pain there. They were fired or forced to resign. Finding a new pastoral call in the Covenant is taking about 2 years or more right now, which makes it all the more scarier for those resigning without a new place to minister.

BJB and Zion are trying something different. Check out their story at nakedreligion » Blog Archive » “A Road Less Traveled By”.

Comments on "nakedreligion » Blog Archive » “A Road Less Traveled By”"

 

post a comment