• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Church Marketing Sucks: When Churches Get It Right

Oh I love it when churches do this. This story: When Churches Get It Right, tells of a church that did a 'Give Back Sunday' when the church passed the offering plate and instead of taking an offering everyone was encouraged to take an envelope. Whatever the amount in the envelope they were to spend it on someone else and bless them. The church gave out $13,500.

I did this one Sunday. I gave out $100 of my own money and gave everyone in the church a Susan B. Anthony dollar coin. I gave everybody in church a coin, preached on the parable of the talents and told them to come back in a couple weeks with the proceeds from their invested talent.

One of my fantastic leaders bought a bag of flour and used some ingredients at home to make cookies for a bake sale she did in her offices. She reinvested the proceeds of that sale, took a few more orders and made more cookies. Incredibly she showed up a couple weeks later with well over $100 and a great testimony of how God increased her faith.

Some look at that as a gimmick but I think this kind of ministry increases a church's faith and really helps to get them focused outward.

Comments on "Church Marketing Sucks: When Churches Get It Right"

 

post a comment