• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Monday, June 11, 2007

Congratulations: Stacey Littlefield to Lafeyette, IN


Congratulations to The Rev. Stacey Littlefield on accepting a new call to ministry, and kudos to the Evangelical Covenant Church of Lafeyette, IN on such a fine choice for a new pastor. Stacey is the best preacher I know and comes with extensive experience in funerals. If I had to pick any of my colleagues to be my pastor I would pick him. Stacey's first Sunday in the pulpit will be August 5.

My condolences to Bethany Covenant Church of Lyndhurst, OH where Stacey is leaving after 10 years. Congratulations on your fine work in making Stacey a great pastor. No doubt you will have pastors fighting for the opportunity to be your next pastor. It seems that Bethany has a history of producing pastors. Steve Johnson grew up in that church and I think Tim Heintzelman is from there too. Those would be a couple of good choices. Maybe you could coax former intern Jimmy Lee Curry out of Iowa so that Jill could be nearer to her family and beloved Indians. I wish you all the best in your search process.

Comments on "Congratulations: Stacey Littlefield to Lafeyette, IN"

 

Blogger Luke said ... (3:19 PM, June 11, 2007) : 

Grumble, grumble, mutter, mumble... heavy sigh...

 

Blogger donnjohnson said ... (8:30 PM, June 11, 2007) : 

congratulations from the Lafayette pastor from 1980-85!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:15 PM, June 11, 2007) : 

Steven, wow. You are a true friend (even without all the nice words). Thanks. It's been a humbling and powerful process so far. The process of saying goodbye is painful, but good. I see a bright future for Bethany and my prayer is that the next pastor will continue to develop the potential I was privileged to be a part of. And you are right, seminary was a blast, but Bethany taught me what it means to be a pastor.

Thanks to Donn as well. Folks there speak very kindly of your time there as well.

As challenging as this call can be at times, I feel blessed to be called to it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:08 AM, June 13, 2007) : 

As a former Great Lakes pastor now in the Central Conference, welcome Stacey! Now if we could get brother Evans to join us! Also, brother Evans, Sister Cathy and I went to the Cubs game at Wrigley on Monday, against your beloved Astros. Zambrano pitched great and hit a homer. Cubs 2, Astros 1. But I really liked the Astros road uniform. with infinite hope, Jimmy Doo

 

post a comment